Founded in 1924

In the second half of the 19th century, on the land next to what is now ‘Sanz Enea’, Angel Calderón de la Barca and his wife Frances Erskine Inglis built ‘Villa Calderón’.

The ‘Casa Grande’, known today as ‘Hotel Zarauz’, was built on part of this same plot of land in 1924 and since then has provided accommodation to guests.

It still has the original pillars from ‘Villa Calderón’, which can be seen when entering the hotel from the entrance on calle Gipuzkoa.

Zarautz Foto Antigua